WHAT IS GRACE?
GRACE stands for GRand Island Area Cancer Endowment. A 501c3 non-profit organization, The GRACE Foundation was established in 2008 by Julie Pfeifer and Lisa Willman, two Grand Island, Nebraska breast cancer survivors who had a heartfelt need and desire to help local cancer patients and their families in their fight with this deadly disease. Their hope is to provide not only emotional support, but funds available through GRACE to assist with unique financial obligations and unmet needs for those fighting ALL types of cancer. The GRACE Foundation assists cancer patients who live within 40 miles of Grand Island, Nebraska, or are being treated at the Grand Island Cancer Treatment Center. Help is available through several methods, such as gas cards, assistance with medical bills, household expenses, and more. Because we know cancer doesn’t discriminate, every dollar provides helping, hoping, and healing.
What GRACE Does
- 55 cancer patients in central Nebraska were given financial assistance in 2016, with 35 so far in 2017!
- $85,000+ was given to cancer patients to help with medical expenses, rent, utilities, and more in 2016!
- Over $30,000 has been given already in 2017!
- $7,760 in fuel cards were gifted to cancer patients in 2016 to assist with travel needs for medical appointments!
- GRACE Snack Buckets were given throughout the year to patients while going through treatment!
- The first annual "Dancing for GRACE - The GRACE Gatsby - A New Year's Eve Gala" signature fundraising gala will take place on New Year's Eve, 2017!
- Three signature GRACE events took place in 2016 to help raise over $55,000: Race for GRACE, Aces for GRACE, and Jeans for GRACE
- Numerous special fundraiser nights and eventstook place with local restaurants and organizations, such as Raising Canes, Runza, Amigos, Nebraska Danger, Kinkaider Brewing, Centura Hills Golf Club, Jazzercise, and more!
- GRACE is supported by GoBigGive through the Heartland United Way – raising $2,920 in 2016 and $7,005 in 2017!
- The GRACE Blessings Box was introduced in summer 2017, offering free pantry supplies to families in need!
- Every Christmas, we help provide support to families in need through the Adopt a Family program with the Heartland United Way!