WHAT IS GRACE?
GRACE stands for GRand Island Area Cancer Endowment. A 501c3 non-profit organization, The GRACE Foundation was established in 2008 by Julie Pfeifer and Lisa Willman, two Grand Island, Nebraska breast cancer survivors who had a heartfelt need and desire to help local cancer patients and their families in their fight with this deadly disease. Their hope is to provide not only emotional support, but funds available through GRACE to assist with unique financial obligations and unmet needs for those fighting ALL types of cancer. The GRACE Foundation assists cancer patients who live within 40 miles of Grand Island, Nebraska, or are being treated at the Grand Island Cancer Treatment Center. Help is available through several methods, such as gas cards, assistance with medical bills, household expenses, and more. Because we know cancer doesn’t discriminate, every dollar provides helping, hoping, and healing.
How GRACE is Helping, Hoping, Healing!
- 79 cancer patients in central Nebraska were given $72,000 in financial assistance so far in 2017!
- $85,000+ was given to cancer patients to help with medical expenses, rent, utilities, and more in 2016!
- $7,760 in fuel cards were gifted to cancer patients in 2016 to assist with travel needs for medical appointments!
- GRACE Snack Buckets were given throughout the year to patients while going through treatment!
- The GRACE Blessings Box was introduced in summer 2017, offering free pantry supplies to families in need!
- Three signature GRACE events took place in 2016 to help raise over $55,000: Race for GRACE, Aces for GRACE, and Jeans for GRACE
- The first annual "Dancing for GRACE - The GRACE Gatsby - A New Year's Eve Gala" signature fundraising gala will take place on New Year's Eve, 2017!
- Numerous special fundraiser nights and events took place with local restaurants and organizations - too many to list!
- GRACE participates in Go Big Give, a one day of giving organized through Heartland United Way and Grand Island Community Foundation – raising $2,920 in 2016 and $7,005 in 2017!
- Every Christmas, GRACE, along with area businesses, helps provide support to families in need through the Adopt a Family program with the Heartland United Way!