What is GRACE Cancer Foundation?
A 501c3 non-profit organization, GRACE Cancer Foundation was established in 2008 by Julie Pfeifer and Lisa Willman, two Grand Island, Nebraska breast cancer survivors who had a heartfelt need and desire to help local cancer patients and their families in their fight with this deadly disease. The organization was originally named The GRACE Foundation, with GRACE standing for GRand Island Area Cancer Endowment. In 2018, for the organization's 10th Anniversary, it was re-named GRACE Cancer Foundation. Julie and Lisa's hope is to provide not only emotional support, but funds available through GRACE to assist with unique financial obligations and unmet needs for those fighting ALL types of cancer. GRACE Cancer Foundation assists cancer patients who live within 40 miles of Grand Island, Nebraska, or are being treated at the Grand Island Cancer Treatment Center. Help is available through several methods, such as gas cards, assistance with medical bills, household expenses, and more. Because we know cancer doesn’t discriminate, every dollar provides helping, hoping, and healing.
What GRACE Does
How GRACE is Helping, Hoping, Healing!
- 79 cancer patients in central Nebraska were given over $80,000 in financial assistance to help with medical expenses, rent, utilities, and more in 2017!
- $7,820 in fuel cards were gifted to cancer patients in 2017 to assist with travel needs for medical appointments!
- GRACE Snack Buckets were given throughout the year to patients while going through treatment!
- Several signature GRACE events took place in 2017 to help raise over $100,00: Race for GRACE, Aces for GRACE, Jeans for GRACE, and the first annual GRACE New Year's Eve Gala
- Numerous special fundraiser nights and events took place with local restaurants and organizations - too many to list!
- GRACE participates in Go Big Give, a one day of giving organized through Heartland United Way and Grand Island Community Foundation – raising $7,005 in 2017!
- Every Christmas, GRACE, along with area businesses, helps provide support to families in need through the Adopt a Family program with the Heartland United Way!
- The GRACE Blessings Box was introduced in summer 2017, offering free pantry supplies to families in need!